Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Greener Pastures

It has been awhile since I wrote anything here and with good reason. I desired to disconnect from the persistent gloom and doom negativity inherent in the Second Life forum. The community managers made it quit clear they didn't want anything positive to take place within the dictatorial confines of their favorite-driven unpopulated domain.

Yes, I have cut just about all ties to the Second Life forum with the exception of a few spot posts. I must say that being free of the semi-literates has been a breath of fresh air. I don't miss the ignorant whining done there on a daily basis or prejudice and discrimination displayed by the community managers and their mod henchmen.

 

I had some good times on the SL forum but those days are long gone. Now it's nothing but the sound of jackboots waiting to stomp on the heads of the users. What a way to treat the people who have long supported the platform and contributed on a daily basis. It's typical kung-fu marketing at it's worst.

This will be the last mention on this blog about a dead and negative medium that hasn't a clue about understanding the social aspect or impact of a format.  I'll be waiting on the sidelines to do the happy dance when heads roll after the second failed attempt to consolidate information in a practical and user friendly medium.

 

You can always find me on Twitter or Facebook and of course Empire Avenue.

PS Not 'everyone on the SL forum is an inept buffoon. They know who they are.